Induced Current Densities, Power Absorption (SAR), Exposure Facilities for Biological Experiments
Exposure against electromagnetic fields causes induction of currents as well as absorption of electromagnetic power in the body. In order to prevent adverse health effects, body currents and power absorption must be limited.
A detailed tissue specific analysis of induced body currents and power absorption requires complex measurement methods as well as highly sophisticated hard- and software facilities for numerical computer simulations.
- SAR measurements and SAR-optimized antenna design
- Development of exposure facilities for biological studies
- Numerical analysis of complex exposure scenarios
- High resolution organ specific absorption and temperature computations
- Dielectric property measurements of tissue
- Absorption and propagation of Ultra-Wideband (UWB) signals