The scope of this course is to familiarize participants with CBRN materials and their respective properties and how to deal safely with incidents involving CBRN materials. The participants will learn the effects of CBRN materials and the measures they can take to protect themselves against them.
- Overview on properties of CBRN materials
- Familiarization with protective measures and equipment
- Recognize signs and symptoms of exposure to CBRN agents
- Familiarization with detection of CBRN materials
- Familiarization with the various CBRN decontamination processes.
Course Content and Overview
The content of the course is a mix of theory and practical work. The basics of CBRN materials will be taught in a classroom setting and trained practically, with different chemicals, radioisotopes and biological simulants.
The course will be of a duration of three weeks (recommended). Week one will have its focus on the basics of radioactivity, week two deals with Chemical Warfare Agents and toxic industrial chemicals and the last week gives participants an overview on biological agents.
Target Audience and maximum attendance
The course target audience are first responders and military personnel. The maximum number of participants is 16.
Participants should be:
- Medically and physically fit (Employer to provide a medical clearance for the employee to work in personal protective equipment)
- Medical insurance valid in Europe/ Austria
- Able to understand instructions/training delivered in the English Language
- 18 years of age as a minimum
- Female participants must not be pregnant
Method of Training
Delivery methods includes: Classroom and Practical Training
100 hours (minimum 12 days)
Timings and number of days are subject to customers' requirements and availability.